Following recommendations from Harris County and the CDC to limit large gatherings in response to COVID-19, the following 19/20 season performances have been postponed or cancelled. We’ll keep this page updated but please reach out if you have any questions. And stay tuned for updates on new upcoming performances, to be announced this fall.
WHICH PERFORMANCES ARE AFFECTED?
—Drum Tao, March 27 at Jones Hall | rescheduled to March 26, 2022 at 7:30 pm
—Black Violin, April 7 at Jones Hall | rescheduled to February 2, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—National Geographic Live: The Search for Life Beyond Earth, April 21 at Jones Hall | postponed to May 15, 2021, 7:30 pm at Cullen Theater
—Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, April 24-25 at Jones Hall | cancelled
—Daymé Arocena, May 1 at Miller Outdoor Theater | cancelled
—Vicki Lawrence & Mama, May 8 at Jones Hall | cancelled
—EMN (Ensemble Mik Nawooj), May 15 at Cullen Theater, Wortham Center | cancelled
—Brubeck Brothers May 16 at Cullen Theater | postponed to January 29, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—A.I.M, June 4-5 at Cullen Theater | postponed to September 25, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—Jane Lynch and Kate Flannery, June 6 at Cullen Theater | cancelled
—Samin Nosrat: Salt Fat Acid Heat, June 12 at Cullen Theater | postponed to January 30, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—The SpongeBob Musical, June 25-28 at Jones Hall | cancelled
—Crime Junkie Podcast Live, November 21 at Jones Hall | cancelled
WHAT ARE MY TICKET OPTIONS?
Keep your seats Previously purchased tickets will automatically transfer to the new date for rescheduled shows. No action is required.
Donate your tickets. As a non-profit, SPA relies on our patrons and donors. Your fully tax deductible will help SPA survive the crisis.
Exchange your tickets into credit. Credits will be valid through the 20/21 season, which will be announced this fall. All handling fees will be waived. Learn more about SPA credits.
A note for rescheduled performances
Original ticket holders can request refunds for rescheduled shows until August 31, 2020. Past that deadline, these tickets can be used as credits until June 30, 2021. Unused credits will be considered donations.
A note for cancelled shows
For cancelled performances, refunds can be requested until 30 days after the original event date. Past that deadline, remaining tickets will be transferred into credits for 20-21 season performances, valid until June 30, 2021. Unused credits will be considered donations. For Crime Junkie Podcast Live, all tickets will be automatically refunded at the point of purchase no later than September 1, 2020.
Please contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Or call the Box Office at 713.227.4772, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. The box office at Jones Hall is closed to in-person transactions until further notice.
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL
SPA is the largest non-profit arts presenter the Southwest, connecting remarkable artists with audiences in our region and offering community and education programs that go far beyond the stage.
COVID-19 has been devastating for our organization. During this critical time, we ask that you give today to the Arts Forward, Relief & Response fund. Your support will help SPA weather this crisis and help us move our mission forward.Donate
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
The care of our patrons, staff and artists is our highest priority. We encourage you to follow updates from Harris County Health, Centers for Disease Control, and the City of Houston.
- Each year, Society for the Performing Arts offers the widest range of performing arts experiences in Houston. Click here to view the current 2019-2020 season.
- How do you become a subscriber? All you have to do is buy 4 or more shows in any one season.
- Subscriber benefits include: saving up to 20% on full priced tickets, priority seating, limited ticket exchange privileges (and no extra fees to exchange tickets), and access to all shows before they go on sale to the general public.
- You can become a subscriber by ordering online or calling the box office at 713.227.4772, M-F 9-5 pm.
- Generally, children aged 4 and above are welcome to attend SPA shows, although not all performances are appropriate for younger children.
- Children may sit on a parent’s lap however the City of Houston Fire Code requires each person entering the venue(s) to be accounted for by purchasing a ticket
- Late seating policy is at the discretion of the artist
- What should you wear? Whatever is comfortable for you. You will see attire ranging from casual dress to cocktail dresses and suits, depending on the event.
- Parking is available in the Theater District Parking Garage for $12.
- Street parking is available but not guaranteed. All street parking after 6pm and on Sundays is free downtown.
- Food & beverages are available for purchase in the lobby.
- Accessible seating is available, please contact the box office at 713-227-4772 for details.
- The box office open 90 minutes prior to each performance.
- The Theater Lobby will open to the public 60 minutes before the show start time and seating is possible 30 minutes prior to the performance
- No photography or recording is allowed during performances
All tickets are non-refundable. However, we offer the following ticket donation and exchange options.
- If you’re unable to attend a performance, you have until 24 hours prior to the start of the performance to donate your tickets for a tax donation.
- Subscribers can exchange tickets within the same season without paying additional processing and handling fees.
- Single-ticket buyers can exchange tickets within the same season, processing and handling fees do apply.
- Group tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged.
How to donate or exchange your tickets:
- Call the Box Office at 713-227-4772, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm OR email us at email@example.com
- If exchanging, please be sure to include the performance, date and time you want to exchange into.
- For donations, an acknowledgment will be sent by mail within 14 days.
If you have concerns related to COVID-19, please call the Box Office, we will be happy to discuss ticket options.