Following recommendations from Harris County and the CDC to limit large gatherings and slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), all remaining 19/20 season performances have been postponed or cancelled.
Which performances are affected?
We will update this page with a list of postponed/cancelled performances. Thank you for your patience as we coordinate with artists, agents, vendors and venues to determine if the performance can be rescheduled or must be cancelled.
—Drum Tao, March 27 at Jones Hall | rescheduled to September 29, 2020 at 7:30 pm
—Black Violin, April 7 at Jones Hall | rescheduled to February 2, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—National Geographic Live: The Search for Life Beyond Earth, April 21 at Jones Hall | rescheduled to September 18, 2020, 7:30 pm at Cullen Theater
—Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, April 24-25 at Jones Hall | cancelled
—Daymé Arocena, May 1 at Miller Outdoor Theater | cancelled
—Vicki Lawrence & Mama, May 8 at Jones Hall | cancelled
—EMN (Ensemble Mik Nawooj), May 15 at Cullen Theater, Wortham Center | cancelled
—Brubeck Brothers May 16 at Cullen Theater | rescheduled to January 29, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—A.I.M, June 4-5 at Cullen Theater | postponed; working on new date
—Jane Lynch and Kate Flannery, June 6 at Cullen Theater | cancelled
—Samin Nosrat: Salt Fat Acid Heat, June 12 at Cullen Theater | rescheduled to January 30, 2021 at 7:30 pm
—The SpongeBob Musical, June 25-28 at Jones Hall | cancelled
What are my ticket options?
Keep your seats. Previously purchased tickets will automatically transfer to the new date for rescheduled shows and no action is required. We will email and call ticket holders, and post updated information on the website once a new date is confirmed.
Donate your tickets. As an arts non-profit, SPA relies on its patrons and donors. By donating, you’ll get a tax donation receipt by mail and help support SPA through this unprecedented time.
Exchange your tickets into credit. Your account credit will be valid through the 20/21 season, which will be announced soon. Handling fees will be waived. Learn more here about SPA account credits.
A note for rescheduled performances.
Original ticket holders can request refunds for any rescheduled shows until August 31, 2020. After the deadline, these tickets can still be exchanged into 20-21 season events. Standard fees apply. On June 30, 2021, unused credits will be considered donations.
A note for cancelled shows.
For cancelled 19-20 season performances, refunds can be requested until 30 days after the original event date. After that deadline, remaining tickets will be transferred into credit for 20-21 season performances. On June 30, 2021, unused credits will be considered donations.
Please contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or other ticket needs. You can also reach the Box Office at 713.227.4772, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm.
Due to a high volume of inquiries, email is greatly preferred. Please allow 48 business hours for our staff to respond. The box office at Jones Hall is closed to in-person transactions until further notice.
Your Support is Critical
SPA is Houston’s largest non-profit arts presenter—the largest such organization in the Southwest. SPA exists to connect remarkable artists from around the country, and around the world, to our city and region. Many of these significant artists become arts ambassadors to our communities, giving workshops, lectures, masterclasses—engagements that go far beyond the stage.
During this critical time, an unprecedented hardship eclipsing even the damages of Hurricane Harvey, SPA will depend on the financial support of its patrons and donors. SPA encourages all to consider a donation in any amount, to keep the performing arts alive in our city. Any contribution is greatly appreciated.
SPA CREATIVE CONNECTION
To celebrate Houston’s creative voices while social distancing, SPA has launched a new digital project, SPA Creative Connection. Join local artists in sharing their work and inspiring us all. Creating at home? Share Your Creativity Today.
How can I learn more?
The care of our patrons, staff and artists is our highest priority. We encourage you to follow updates from Harris County Health, Centers for Disease Control, and the City of Houston.
COVID-19 affects us all. During this uncertain time, stay safe. On the other side of this, we’ll once again share the joy of the arts—together.
- Each year, Society for the Performing Arts offers the widest range of performing arts experiences in Houston. Click here to view the current 2019-2020 season.
- How do you become a subscriber? All you have to do is buy 4 or more shows in any one season.
- Subscriber benefits include: saving up to 20% on full priced tickets, priority seating, limited ticket exchange privileges (and no extra fees to exchange tickets), and access to all shows before they go on sale to the general public.
- You can become a subscriber by ordering online or calling the box office at 713.227.4772, M-F 9-5 pm.
- Generally, children aged 4 and above are welcome to attend SPA shows, although not all performances are appropriate for younger children.
- Children may sit on a parent’s lap however the City of Houston Fire Code requires each person entering the venue(s) to be accounted for by purchasing a ticket
- Late seating policy is at the discretion of the artist
- What should you wear? Whatever is comfortable for you. You will see attire ranging from casual dress to cocktail dresses and suits, depending on the event.
- Parking is available in the Theater District Parking Garage for $12.
- Street parking is available but not guaranteed. All street parking after 6pm and on Sundays is free downtown.
- Food & beverages are available for purchase in the lobby.
- Accessible seating is available, please contact the box office at 713-227-4772 for details.
- The box office open 90 minutes prior to each performance.
- The Theater Lobby will open to the public 60 minutes before the show start time and seating is possible 30 minutes prior to the performance
- No photography or recording is allowed during performances
All tickets are non-refundable. However, we offer the following ticket donation and exchange options.
- If you’re unable to attend a performance, you have until 24 hours prior to the start of the performance to donate your tickets for a tax donation.
- Subscribers can exchange tickets within the same season without paying additional processing and handling fees.
- Single-ticket buyers can exchange tickets within the same season, processing and handling fees do apply.
- Group tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged.
How to donate or exchange your tickets:
- Call the Box Office at 713-227-4772, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm OR email us at email@example.com
- If exchanging, please be sure to include the performance, date and time you want to exchange into.
- For donations, an acknowledgment will be sent by mail within 14 days.
If you have concerns related to COVID-19, please call the Box Office, we will be happy to discuss ticket options.