Volunteers and Internships
SPA has varying needs for volunteers throughout the season. Please let us know if you would like to assist with educational activities, the marketing counter at performances, or fundraising projects, and email us at email@example.com.
Working in the arts is not always glamorous, but it is fun and exciting. If you are interested in a career in the arts, development, education, marketing or public relations, we urge you to apply.
College students are eligible to apply for non-paying internships at Society for the Performing Arts. Dates and times are flexible, and can be structured around the intern’s fall and spring schedules. Full- and part-time internships are available during the summer months. Interns will be reimbursed for parking.
Click here for an Internship Application.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships are available in the following departments:
Interns with strong writing skills and attention to detail will assist the public relations director with the following:
- Write press releases and other media materials (experience with AP preferred)
- Update media databases
- Follow up with local media
- Write and edit SPA publications
- Organize clip notebooks
- Brainstorm strategies to promote events
- Writing sample must be submitted with application
Interns with good organizational skills will assist the marketing director with the following:
- Planning event promotions
- Research group sales targets
- Assist with website re-design for season subscription campaign
- Assist in development of market research questionnaires
- Assist in production of SPA promotion at Theater District Open House
Interns with strong organizational skills and attention to detail in finance and administration will assist the Director of Finance & Administration with:
- Records management
- Accounting software data entry
- Account reconciliation
Education and Community Outreach
Interns with good communication and organization skills will assist the Director of Education & Community Engagement and Education Coordinator with the following:
- Educational programming
- Work as liaison with schools
- Assist with department mail outs
- Organize education database
- Participate in community events
- Assist with the planning of SPA lecture and performance prelude series
- Develop strategies for art education
- Develop education publications
- Students should send a copy of the most recent transcript, a writing sample, and a recommendation from a teacher
Interns with strong computer, writing and communication skills will assist the development department with the following:
- Prepare and mail solicitation/acknowledgement letters
- Research corporate/foundation/individual prospects
- Prepare grants calendar for the new season
- Data entry into Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Various administrative duties as they relate to the Development department
Interns with good organization skills and attention to detail will assist the operations director with the following:
- Assist Director of Operations with administering, distributing and archiving of artists’ contracts and technical riders
- Work with Director of Operations to strategically plan for upcoming performance season
- Various administrative duties as they relate to the Operations department
For a more detailed job description CLICK HERE.